This post may contain affiliate links. If you decide to purchase from one of the links below I’ll receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
It’s almost Super Bowl game day, which means you are going to have a house full of guests that want to relax with friends, watch the game, and eat some delicious party food! This post on the Ultimate Super Bowl Party Food Ideas should give you plenty of inspiration on ways to tackle the issue!
When the clock ticks down toward game day and you’re putting together a snacking plan of attack, turn to recipes like these that you and your guests can savor for all four quarters of action.
Chow Down on Championship Snacks
With different choices to draft from, there’s no need for a superstar main course at the center of the meal. Instead, rely on options like brats (or hotdogs) and pulled pork sandwiches, baked chicken wings, and various game-day dips. And, take your home viewing party to the next level by setting up a topping station with a variety of both traditional and unexpected condiments and garnishes to let your guests customize their grilled fare. Include options such as:
- Ketchup and mustard
- Sauerkraut or cole slaw
- Chopped fresh and grilled onions
- Pickle spears and relish
- Barbecue sauce
- Assorted shredded and crumbled cheeses
- A variety of peppers
Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
Game time is no time to mess around when it comes to fast, delicious snacks. Crispy and light, tangy and bold, these wings have you covered. And, they pair perfectly with Blue Cheese or Homestyle Ranch Dressing. Whether you’re hosting the game-day party or bringing a dish to a friend’s bash, these wings can make mouths water from the opening kickoff to the final whistle.
Total time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese or Homestyle Ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Lay wings on rack on a rimmed baking tray and let dry in refrigerator overnight, or pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oven to 250° F. Put one oven shelf in the lower quarter of oven and one in the top quarter.
- Place wings in a large re-sealable bag. Add baking powder and salt. Shake bag to coat wings evenly.
- Line tray with foil. Spray rack on the baking tray with nonstick spray. Place wings skin side up on a rack. Bake on lower shelf 30 minutes.
- Move tray to a higher shelf and turn oven up to 425° F. Bake 40-50 minutes, rotating tray halfway through. Wings are done when they are dark, golden brown and skin is crispy.
- While wings bake, whisk together butter and hot sauce; keep warm.
- Remove wings from oven and toss with hot sauce; sprinkle immediately with blue cheese crumbles. Serve with blue cheese or ranch dressing, carrots, and celery sticks.
Game day is about huddling up with friends and family and feeling good about the food you share. So, put a twist on traditional hummus by topping it with bruschetta. And, don’t forget to add your favorite game-day chips, crackers, and veggies.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups multi-colored cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus additional (optional)
- salt, to taste
- a container of Hummus (10 ounces)
- To make bruschetta: Cut cherry tomatoes into quarters or eighths, if large. Place in small mixing bowl. Stir in garlic, basil and olive oil, and season with salt, to taste.
- Scoop hummus out of the container and swirl onto a serving plate. Top with bruschetta and drizzle with a touch of olive oil, if desired. Serve with fresh vegetables or pita chips.
Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Honey Barbecue Sauce
Snack like a champion during the big game with recipes that please palates without overfilling like these Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwiches. Since guests can pile their sandwiches as high as they like with sweet pork and optional toppings, there’s no need to worry about serving sizes.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bone-in pork shoulder roast (4 pounds)
- 2 cups hickory chips
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1 cup ketchup
- 8-10 rolls
- chopped jalapeno peppers (optional)
- chopped onion (optional)
- chopped pickles (optional)
- To make Pork Rub: Stir together sugar, chili powder, paprika, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cumin, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Massage Pork Rub over surface of pork and let stand 30 minutes.
- Soak hickory chips in water; drain well. Wrap chips in foil; punch holes in foil and place on top of the gas grill set on high. When chips begin to smoke, place pork on grill and cook until well browned on all sides with the lid closed, about 30-45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 300° F.
- Remove pork from grill and place in turkey-size oven bag set in large, shallow baking dish. Add water and seal well; pierce bag several times with a small knife. Cook 3-3 1/2 hours, or until meat is tender and pork bone can be removed easily. Remove from oven. Remove bone and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Shred meat into small pieces, removing fat. Add juices from the cooking bag, skimming off excess fat.
- In a separate saucepan, stir together barbecue sauce, honey, and ketchup, cooking until hot and honey has dissolved. Stir most of the sauce into shredded pork and mix well.
- Serve on rolls and drizzle with remaining sauce. Top with jalapenos, onions, and pickles, if desired.
I hope all of these Ultimate Super Bowl Party Food Ideas have inspired you to get busy planning your fun party food this week!
Photos courtesy of Getty Images (Brats and Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwiches). Source: http://www.culinary.net, Source: http://www.familyfeatures.com.
You may also like these similar posts: Sweet Valentine’s Recipes you will Love to Share and Easy Entertaining During the Holidays.