Finding Keto-friendly restaurants can sometimes be a bit of a challenge.
And, with so many options to choose from, it’s easy to become overwhelmed!
Here, you’ll find some of the best items to choose from for popular food chains.
So, when you are out-and-about, head to one of these restaurants that serves-up Keto-friendly fare.
General Rules for Keto-friendly Restaurants
- At any restaurant, it’s best to drink water, unsweetened tea, and any diet drinks (like Diet Coke).
Generally speaking, these are some of the lowest carb options you can choose at restaurants:
- Meat – cuts of beef, pork, chicken, turkey, etc. Avoid anything battered and deep-fried.
- Sandwiches with no bun – Order your favorite sandwich without the bread. Also, be mindful of condiments and toppings that could have high carb counts.
- Lettuce-wrapped burgers – Burgers are great for Keto! Load them up with healthy fats from bacon and avocado.
- Chicken wings – Choose a low carb sauce (like buffalo or ranch) and make sure they aren’t breaded.
- Burrito bowls – Get all of your favorite meats, vegetables, and toppings. Just avoid the tortilla chips, beans, and rice.
When choosing sides, these are the most Keto-friendly options:
- Caesar salad – order without croutons.
- Side salad – choose a creamy dressing like ranch, caesar, or bleu cheese.
- Steamed veggies – broccoli, cauliflower, and zucchini are good options.
- Steamed green beans – add melted lemon butter or bacon.
- Sauteed mushrooms – these make a great side dish or appetizer.
Keto-friendly Restaurant Options PDF printables
General Points to Keep in Mind
- For the most part, at any of these restaurants, you’ll want to avoid the bread on the sandwiches or wraps and the sugary beverages like sweet tea.
- Choose low carb sauces with minimal amounts of sugar.
- Avoid entrée sized salads, such as a cobb salad with grilled chicken, as they contain nearly 30 grams of carbs. The salads can be modified to remove the higher carb ingredients, but the nutritional information is unknown.
When you NEED a Coffee on KETO
Some days, you need a caffeinated pick-me-up in the drive thru!
There are several restaurants with affordable Keto coffee options so I’ll list a couple here.
Dunkin Donuts’ typical sweetener offerings include Splenda and table sugar.
Unfortunately, sugar has way too many carbs for a ketogenic diet.
Splenda, on the other hand, has maltodextrin and doesn’t mix well into iced coffee.
If you’re avoiding dairy and still want a lower carb coffee with cream, I recommend using coconut milk or Nutpods.
You can always pour a little into a container and bring it with you!
Small – add 10 calories and 2 carbs.
Medium – add 20 claories and 5g carbs.
Large – add 30 calories, 1g fat and 6g carbs.
Small – add 60 calories, 6g fat, 1g carbs and 1g protein.
Medium – add 85 calories, 9g fat, 2g carbs and 2g protein.
Large – add 110 calories, 11g fat, 3g carbs and 3g protein.
Small – add 10 calories, 1g carbs and 2g protein.
Medium – add 20 calories, 3g carbs and 2g protein.
Large – add 30 calories, 3g carbs and 3g protein
Small – add 10 calories, 1g fat, 1g carbs and 2g protein.
Medium – add 20 calories, 1.5g fat, 3g carbs and 2g protein.
Large – add 30 calories, 2g fat, 4g carbs and 3g protein.
At Dunkin Donuts, flavor shots can be added to any of their beverages.
And, they’re unsweetened and sugar-free!
Flavor shots can be added to any beverage, and you can order multiple flavors.
The following flavors are available:
- French Vanilla
- Toasted Almond
The black coffee at Dunkin Donuts comes with a small carb count.
This is likely to count for the amount of coffee used to brew, and not after the waste is discarded.
- Small coffee, plain (5 calories, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 0g protein)
- Medium coffee, plain (10 calories, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 1g protein)
- Large coffee, plain (10 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 1g protein)
- X-Large coffee, plain (15 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 1g protein)
- Espresso shot (5 calories, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 0g protein)
- Small Americano (10 calories, 0g fat, 1g carbs, 0g protein)
- Medium Americano (10 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 0g protein)
- Large Americano (15 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 0g protein)
Ordering a small latte? Here’s the break down.
- Skim milk (70 calories, 0g fat, 10g carbs, 6g protein)
- Whole milk (120 calories, 6g fat, 10g carbs, 6g protein)
- Almond milk (80 calories, 2g fat, 14g carbs, 1g fiber, 1g protein) 13g net
As long as your iced coffee has no cream or sweetener, it should be fairly low in calories.
- Small iced coffee, plain (10 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 1g protein)
- Medium iced coffee, plain (15 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 1g protein)
- Large iced coffee, plain (20 calories, 0g fat, 3g carbs, 1g protein)
COLD BREW COFFEE
- Small cold brew, original (10 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 1g protein)
- Medium cold brew, original (15 calories, 0g fat, 2g carbs, 1g protein)
- Large cold brew, original (20 calories, 0g fat, 3g carbs, 1g protein)