Need a jumpstart of morning energy? Start your day off right with this keto green smoothie and give yourself a super-sized antioxidant boost!
What is a Keto Green Smoothie?
Regular fruit smoothies get a lot of attention, but if you’re looking for something healthy and refreshing, green smoothies are the way to go!
Keto Green smoothies are made with vegetables and low-carb fruits, so while they are just as tasty, they are actually much better for your blood glucose.
Also, the keto part of the green smoothie is to include lots of veggies for flavor and color, but to keep the carb count low.
And, this Keto Green Smoothie recipe is the perfect way to incorporate some healthy greens and fats without the spike in blood sugar.
- 1 Cup chopped and stemmed Kale
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh cauliflower
- 1 cucumber, cut into chunks
- 1/2 lemon, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 1/2 cups chilled green tea
- 2 tspn chia seeds
- 2 tspn ground flax seeds
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of chilled green tea into a blender or food processor.
- Add 1 cup of chopped and stemmed kale.
- Add 1/2 cup baby spinach.
- Scoop 1/2 cup frozen or fresh cauliflower into blender or food processor.
- Cut the cucumber into chunks and add.
- Peel 1/2 lemon and cut into chunks. Add to the blender or food processor.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of almonds with the other ingredients.
- Add 2 teaspoons of chia seeds and ground flax seeds.
- Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
This keto green smoothie is the perfect fuel you need to start your day!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 servings Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 0mgSodium 126mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 13gSugar 5gProtein 12g
This calculation is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor or dietician. This calculator is a guide, but makes no guarantee of being exact or fully accurate.
Is green juice okay on the keto diet?
The answer really depends on what you put into your green juice.
On a keto diet, the base of green juice should be vegetables that contain lots of water and that are low in carbs.
For example, celery, spinach, and cucumbers are low in sugar and have a higher water content.
Because of this, the vegetables will help you feel full for a longer period of time.
How do you make a Keto Green Smoothie taste good?
There are a few ways to help a green smoothie taste better.
First, you need a quality, high-speed blender to achieve the right smoothie texture.
Blending fibrous vegetables (kale, spinach, broccoli, and celery) can take some work.
So, a good blender will help get rid of all the crunchy pieces of these veggies.
And, the smoother the drink, the better it tastes!
Additionally, adding fresh herbs – like mint, coriander, or parsley – to a smoothie can help accentuate the flavors.
Finally, you can always add low carb berries as a garnish to the top of your smoothie for extra sweetness.
A few strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries should do the trick.