SAHM Start a Business Ideas
Staying at home with your kids is a full-time job. And, of course, we don’t get paid for this 24/7 privilege. But, many moms also want to make extra money online with a home-based business.
Also, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) helps women entrepreneurs launch new businesses and compete in the marketplace. So, if you need initial funding this may be a place to start.
If you’re looking for the perfect stay-at-home mom business ideas, check out the choices below.
Here are several Home Business Ideas for SAHM:
- Digital product sales
- Blogging (affiliate marketing, sponsorships, ads, products)
- Start an Etsy Shop
- Start a Youtube channel
- Freelance writing
- Proofreading business
- Virtual Assistant
- Bookkeeping services
- Direct Sales
- At-home Daycare
- Dog-walking services
- Pet sitting at your home
- Online tutoring
- Social Media influencer
- Affiliate Marketing (on Amazon)
- Laundry service
- Carpool service for other kids in the neighborhood
- Rent out a room in your house
- Alterations business from home
- Home baking business
Why You Should Start Your Own Business as a SAHM?
There are many pros and cons that come with starting your business as a SAHM. However, here are some reasons why you should start a business while staying home with the kids:
- Involve Your Kids – As your children get older, certain business opportunities may help you all bond more as a family. For instance, in my case, we sell branded golf balls as a family. Our kids help get the boxes ready for shipping out. And, both of our boys play golf and are excelling at a sport we all love.
- Make Extra Money – If you can build a profitable business from home, you can increase your family’s resources significantly.
- Create Your Own Schedule – A home-based business may allow you to work while the kids sleep, go to school, or enjoy fun activities.
- Validate a Great Work Ethic – If your kids see you working hard at something you enjoy, they may mimic your drive and create their own career opportunities in the future.
- Sense of Purpose – Stay-at-home moms spend most of their time taking care of others. By creating your home business you can reclaim your individuality and sense of purpose outside your family.
- Enjoy Your Family – Getting to work from home will allow you to see and spend more time with your family. Less time driving on the road to work, and more time for family love!
Conclusion on SAHM Start a Business
As you can see from the list above, there are numerous online business ideas you can try from home while creating your own flexible hours and more family income.