This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through these links, I earn a small commission at no cost to you. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will be good for my readers.
Valentine’s Treats and Recipes they will Love
It’s January and we are getting closer to a most beloved of holidays — Valentine’s Day! This day is usually filled with thoughtful cards, delicious chocolates, and aromatic bouquets of roses, all aptly delivered by your “Honey” in the name of love. Here’s a fun fact you may find interesting: The first Valentine’s Day card was believed to be sold in 1840 by Esther Howland, also known as The Mother of the Valentine, and today it is estimated that over 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are sent each year. Wowza! Sweet Valentine’s Recipes You Will LOVE to Share will hopefully give you some delicious ideas for treats to make your loved ones!
Now On to the Sweet Stuff!
Treat family, friends, and co-workers to something they will all love this Valentine’s Day by making easy and impressive desserts — like cookies! And, let’s do this the EASY way. First, start with your favorite roll-out cookie recipe or simply dress up store-bought ones by adding some simple details with icing. (Here is an awesome baking set from Williams Sonoma, that is currently on sale: Nonstick Ultimate Cookie 5-Piece Baking Set ).
Here are three ways to leave them smitten with sweets this Valentine’s Day:
- Desserts with Dimension. Triple your treats by stacking three decorated cookies in different sizes together and attach them with icing.
- Complement with Color. A simple piping technique looks stunning when piped in different colors on your cookies.
- Get to Gifting. Wrap your beautiful, finished treats in a Valentine’s Day treat bag or box, and wrap with a red bow or attach a red rose for a stunning presentation.
Stackable Ombre Heart Cookies
Each stacked cookie serves 1.
- Favorite roll-out cookie recipe
- Royal icing
- Rose Icing Color
- Heart Micro Mini Icing Decorations
- Prepare and roll out cookie dough following recipe directions. Use 3 smallest cutters from 4-piece heart nesting cookie cutter set to cut out shapes. Bake and cool cookies.
- Divide royal icing into three equal portions, and tint 3 shades of rose. Thin a portion of each shade following recipe directions. Use tip 3 and full-strength tinted icing to outline cookies. Use thinned tinted icing in cut decorating bag to fill in cookies; gently tap to smooth icing. Let dry overnight.
- Use icing to attach cookies, stacking largest to smallest; place icing decoration on top.
Scalloped Heart Cookies
Each cookie serves 1.
- Favorite roll-out cookie recipe
- Ready-To-Use White Creamy Decorator Icing
- Icing Colors: Burgundy, Red-Red, and Christmas Red
- Prepare and roll out dough following recipe directions. Use the largest cutter from the 4-piece heart nesting cookie cutter set to cut out the shape. Bake and cool cookies.
- Divide icing into four equal portions. Tint one of each portion light burgundy, dark burgundy and combination of red-red/Christmas red. Reserve last portion white.
- Starting from the top edge of the heart, use tip 102 and icing in dark burgundy, light burgundy, red and white to pipe V-shaped groups of two petals, one piped from left and one from right, to create a row of petals in alternating colors. Repeat with the second row between petals in the first row. Continue to repeat the pattern until cookies are covered. (Sources: http://www.Wilson.com and http://www.Familyfeatures.com)
I hope Sweet Valentine’s Recipes You Will LOVE to Share has given you the baking inspiration you need to make something sweet for your sweetie pie this Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day Free Printables
To continue with the Valentine’s Day theme I am sharing a few FREE PRINTABLES with you! You can print-out the PDFs and frame them for some really cute wall art. I hope you enjoy them!
1. This is a cute little owl holding heart balloons, wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day! Owl Happy Heart Day
2. This is a bible verse, Love Never Fails, 1 Corinthians 13.
3. Check out this adorable little owl, asking you to “Be Mine.” Owl Be Mine!
4. And, finally, we have this beautiful quote by Mother Teresa: Do Small Things with Great Love
You may also like these previous blog posts: Easy Entertaining During the Holidays and Holiday Decor Recipes.
Never miss a post!
Receive new posts delivered straight to your inbox!